I love traveling. And I know pretty much everybody says that, but I’m one of those people that is so travel-obsessed that I avoid movies and TV shows where the character gets to travel a lot because I get jealous of them. Sad, but true.
Unfortunately, since I am only in my early twenties and bound by this little thing called “getting an education”, I don’t really get the opportunity to go to very many places. My finances are limited and my parents are strict about me wafting off alone to somewhere I’ve never been before. So to tame my wanderlust, I often daydream about the places I’d love to go to someday. Here is a wishlist of my top 10 places I would kill to visit and I think every girl in her 20’s should go to at least once (in no particular order):
- New York City, United States of America: it’s weird when you haven’t ever been to a place but you feel like you belong there. That’s how I feel about big cities, and The Big Apple is no different. The tall, glassy buildings; the busy streets; Central Park…everything about it seems so appealing. It seems like the sort of place that you’re always exploring and never getting bored of, because there’s always something new to find. And being an avid Gossip Girl watcher doesn’t help my wanderlust either!
- Paris, France: when I think of Paris, I always think about visiting it with my mom. I don’t know why, but it just seems like the kind of place we would enjoy the most together. I can picture us having an evening walk on the cobbled streets with the Eiffel Tower twinkling in the background, and nothing seems better. The food, the history, and the architecture amongst many things is something I refuse to miss out on in the duration of my life.
- Venice, Italy: although I’ve heard mixed reviews about this one, you definitely can’t deny that there’s no city that could compare to Venice. Predicted to eventually sink, it has got to be a top priority in everybody’s destination wishlist. I mean, imagine visiting a place that won’t exist in a couple hundred years!
- Mallorca, Spain: one of my very close friends is from Mallorca, and I literally foam at the mouth every time she shows me pictures of the island. The water is so blue that it looks photoshopped, and it houses the Love Island villa, so that pretty much sells it for me.
- Tokyo, Japan: I am SO smitten by Japan. They have beautiful mountains – and hello cherry blossom trees! I also adore how put together everyone seems there, with perfect hair and perfect skin and perfect outfits.
- Plovdiv, Bulgaria: I’m going to be honest and tell you that the two reasons Bulgaria was on my wishlist was because a) my best friend lives there, and b) Nina Dobrev is Bulgarian and I love her. However, after some research, I fell in love with the subtle beauty of the country. I want to visit Plovdiv in particular because of my friend, but Verna and Sophia seem just as stunning.
- Honolulu, United States of America: listen, man, just hand me a hula skirt, a lei, and a coconut bra and I’ll be on my way. Surfing lessons and evening bonfires galore! Visiting Hawaii would be a dream.
- Bali, Indonesia: I feel like places like Bali should be travelled to alone. I hate to go all Eat, Pray, Love on you, but seriously. All I want to do is hop on a plane there. I want to ride elephants, do yoga with treefrogs, sub dive to see the coral reefs…the possibilities really do seem endless.
- Mykonos, Greece: I got a serious case of itchy feet when I first saw pictures of Mykonos. It looks like one carefully curated Instagram picture, with its perfect ocean and white houses with the blue roofs. I mean, just look at it. Who wouldn’t want to go there?!
- Anchorage, United States of America: I love the cold, and although I’ve never actually seen snow in real life, I’m convinced I love snow too. I’d like to go to Anchorage in Alaska in the winters. This is probably me asking to die of hypothermia and frostbite, but I don’t care. I just want to stay inside a cabin with a fireplace and an endless supply of hot chocolate and my two cats, and watch romcoms all day long.
Where do you want to go most right now?